Governing body of the Authority
- The governing body of the Authority is a Board consisting of
(a) the chairman,
(b) the Chief Executive,
(c) one representative of the consuming public other than a person specified in paragraphs (d) and (e),
(d) one representative of the petroleum workers union,
(e) one representative of
(i) the Ghana National Chamber of Commerce, or
(ii) the Ghana Chamber of Mines, and
(f) three persons, at least one whom is a woman and each of whom has specialized knowledge and experience in matters relevant to the functions of The Authority.
(2) The members of the Board shall be appointed by the President in subject with article 70 of the Constitution.
Independence of the Authority
The Authority shall not in the performance of its functions under this Act, be subject to the control or direction of any person or authority other than the Minister who give policy directions.
Tenure of office of members
(1) A member of the Board other than the Chief Executive shall hold office for a period not exceeding four years and is eligible for re-appointment but a member shall not be appointed for more than two terms in succession.
(2) Where a member of the Board resigns, dies is removed from office or is for a sufficient reason unable to act as a member, the Minister shall within one month of the occurrence of the vacancy notify the President of the vacancy and the President shall, acting on the advice of the nominating authority an in consultation with the Council of State, appoint another person to hold office for the unexpired portion of the member's term of office.
(3) A member of the Board may at any time resign from office in writing addressed to the President through the Minister.
(4) A member of the Board who is absent from three consecutive meetings of the Board without sufficient cause cease to be a member of the Board.
(5) The President may by letter addressed to a member revoke the appointment of that member for just cause and in consultation with the nominating body.
Meeting of the Board
(1) The Board shall meet at least once every three months for the dispatch of business at the times and in the places determined by the chairperson.
(2) The chairperson shall at the request in writing of not less than one-third of the membership of the Board convene an extraordinary meeting of the Board at the place and time determined by the chairperson.
(3) The quorum at a meeting of the Board is five members
(4) The chairperson shall preside at meetings of the Board and in the absence of the chairperson, a member of the Board elected by the members present form among their number shall preside.
(5) Matters before the Board shall be decided by a majority of the members present and voting and in the event of an equality of votes, the person presiding shall have a casting vote.
(6) The Board may co-opt a person to attend a Board meeting but that person shall not vote on a matter for decision at the meeting.
(7) The proceedings of the Board shall not be invalidated by reason of a vacancy among the members or a defect in the appointment or qualification of a member.
(8) Subject to this section, the Board may determine the procedure for its meetings.
Disclosure of interest
(1) A member of the Board who has an interest in a matter for consideration by the Board shall disclose in writing the nature of that interest and is disqualified from participating in the deliberations of the Board in respect of that matter.
(2) A member who contravenes subsection (1) ceases to be a member....